Drink your health — Drink Bone Broth at BRODO!
I remember as a kid going to some hospital with terrible stomach pain, they almost cut out my appendix, because they had no idea what was wrong with me.
My mom took me home and for a week I was living on chicken soup (just the broth, the liquid part) and nothing else.
By the end of the week I was eating vegetables and meat in the soup too, having no problems whatsoever.
I still have my appendix intact.
Have you heard of a miracle Bone Broth yet?
You know, that old-fashioned chicken soup your mother or grandma used to make? The REAL thing? From vegetables, bones, meat?
NO FAKE STUFF HERE!
Broth, beef broth, chicken broth, bone broth, fish broth, marrow broth — there are so many kinds. It is one of the most ancient cooking traditions, that exists in one version or the other in almost every culture around the world!
There might be something about it, don’t you think?
These days nutrition science makes more and more discoveries confirming the wisdom of ancient food cultures, the goodness of Bone Broth (any kind of Broth).
- Heal and seal your gut. According to Jill Grunewald, a holistic nutrition coach and founder of Healthful Elements, a cup a day works miracles for leaky gut syndrome but it’s also good for protecting non-leaky guts. The gelatin in the bone broth (found in the knuckles, feet, and other joints) helps seal up holes in intestines. This helps cure chronic diarrhea, constipation, and even some food intolerances.
- Protect your joints. Taking glucosamine supplements to help with joint pain has been common knowledge for years, but it turns out that bone broth has glucosamine too. But unlike pills, the broth also includes a host of other goodies that help keep your joints happy, healthy, and pain-free. The chondroitin sulfate in bone broth has been shown to help prevent osteoarthritis.
- Look younger. Bone broth is a rich source of collagen. You can find collagen in all kinds of “plumping” products these days, but why stick it on the outside when you can drink it? Not only is drinking it cheaper, but it can make your skin, hair, and nails look just as radiant.
- Sleep better, and feel better. The glycine in bone broth has been shown in several studies to help people sleep better and improve memory.
- Immune support. Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint, actually calls bone broth a “superfood” thanks to the high concentration of minerals. He says that the bone marrow can help strengthen your immune system. (Something that won’t surprise your grandma who always made you her famous chicken soup when you got sick!) A Harvard study even showed that some people with auto-immune disorders experienced a relief of symptoms when drinking bone broth, with some achieving a complete remission.
- Stronger bones. The phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium in the bones seeps out into the broth leaving you with the essential building blocks for healthy bones.
- More energy. I’m not sure what the mechanism is for this, but if you read accounts of bone broth, you’ll notice everyone swears by the energy boost. I’d prefer to see science backing this up, but the research on bone broth is still emerging.
- It’s very economical! What else were you going to do with those chicken carcasses, soup bones, and veggies going bad in your fridge?”
Plus did you know that a standard cup of Bone Broth has about 10 g of protein? Not added. All natural. Feeling like you need a bit more GOOD quality easily absorbed protein in your diet? Ditch all the protein shakes (made from who knows what, with who knows what effects and side effects).
Drink up your Bone Broth!
Don’t you want to get a cup of your Bone Broth already?
I’m going to do just that in THE PLACE FOR BONE BROTH IN NEW YORK CITY.
That’s where I’m enjoying my bone broth today.
You know what’s even cooler?
You can get great quality (from grass fed animals and all that) Bone Broth delivered! Because not everyone is lucky to live by BRODO and go there every day. Most of us are not that lucky. You can cook your own of course — the best option, if you have the time and enjoy it.
Here are 2 best options I used.
And one option you can buy in most grocery stores near you (in US).
GET ON IT!
MUCH better than any protein shake. For so many reasons beyond protein.
PS Bone Broth is one of 4 pillars of healthy cooking traditions around the world! M. D. approved!
I’m drinking it.
[This post is best enjoyed with a cup of BONE BROTH from BRODO!]
You don’t get healthy and stay healthy.
HEALTH is a DAILY PRACTICE. One bite at a time.
Daily Bite of Health