Hey, life happens sometimes.
Sky-scrappers are looking at me from the window.
I woke up in a fairytale from something that felt like a nightmare.
My brain fees like it was hacked. Or like someone hit me real hard with a baseball bat and cracked some shell open and finally I can see clearly. I can think clearly.
No more hazy sunshine.
For the last few days I was partly homeless, partly sleeping on someone’s couch waking up each morning thinking where I’ll be sleeping this night.
I didn’t know often what I’ll eat today. Nor did I care.
I worked out, did yoga, walked a lot when I could.
I meditated and drank water.
Sometimes shit happens in life.
You lose things. Payments don’t come through. Some manager decides to freeze your bank accounts. Sometimes the work doesn’t pay. Sometimes you allow yourself to depend on other people’s choices too much. Sometimes you make bad choices because you don’t know better. We are not perfect. We are humans.
Anyone can end up homeless. There is no shame in it. And there is no shame in reaching out for help to people, to anyone who is in a better place when you are on the very bottom. Don’t feel guilty, if you are in the gutter right now. Don’t feel you are less deserving of abundance or of respect because you need help right now and didn’t manage life all that well for one reason or the other, and made choices that didn’t lead to safety and money.
Don’t expect help from anyone. Nobody owes you anything.
Don’t be bitter. You’ll be taken care of. The world is full of amazing people. The world is kind.
Open yourself up. Receive. Say yes. Smile.
When you have nothing — you might be on the way to true wealth. You know what’s truly important.
Sending blessings and crossing fingers doesn’t help.
Nor do good intentions.
Actions matter. True connections. A helping hand. A bed. A cup of coffee. A hug. Understanding.
At some point I ended up on the Rockaway beach, New York.
No plan. No idea where and how it all will end.
The Sun is rising.
Seagulls. Many seagulls flying everywhere around me.
I’m rich! I have so much! Life feels so amazing!
Good morning from everyone.
I found $20.
It felt like a million dollars.
I let it all go.
Someone who never met me offered to book a 5-star hotel for me.
I asked. He could help. He felt I needed it. He did help.
I got to start over.
I got to connect.
I got to stay open. Vulnerable. Soft and Kind. Ready to help when asked.
With the heart wide open.
With a big smile on my face.
There are many lessons I learned. Really learned. I was disconnected from life. Full of illusions. Stories. I had glasses on. All the wrong things were too important and too urgent to live now, to connect, to share, to stay vulnerable and open to life, to people, to the world.
- Be grateful for whatever life sends your way. It’s all working for you, even though at the moment it can feel like the worst thing in the world.
- Even when you think you have nothing — be there to help, to serve the moment, the world, people.
- Always smile, laugh. And dance when you hear the music.
- Keep your back straight. Shoulders pulled back. Chest open. Heart wide open. You are amazing no matter what, and deserve the best life has to offer. Everyone does.
- Respect people. Everyone. Anyone. See the best in people.
- Imagine what you want, where you want to be, who you want to be. Feel it, taste it, smell it, touch it — you are on your way, no matter what reality tells you right now. You are on your way. You don’t know the route — that’s the job of the Universe to provide how’s. Imagine. Feel. That’s your job.
- When somebody asks for help — help. The whole world doesn’t ask YOU for help, but when someone asks YOU, don’t send them blessings and good intentions — you are there for them. We are here for each other.
- Nobody owes you anything.
- The world will give you everything.
- Don’t allow anyone to make you feel ashamed or less. Keep smiling and keep your chin up. You are amazing. The one who should be ashamed is the one who wants to make you feel less.
- Own your shit. Own your journey. Be free. Never give up who you are. That’s one thing you can’t compromise on, no matter what another successful lawyer tells you. They decided to be a “bitch” of the system and sell their soul for cash. You don’t have to do that. You very well might end up better off financially being you, not a sell-out. Do your thing. Own your shit. Be happy.
- Be beautiful. Always take care of yourself to the best of your ability. It gives your brain the sign that you love yourself and cherish yourself, value yourself. It gives the feeling of abundance. Respect yourself and know you are meant for greatness. The world is your playground.
- Own your shit. Really. Just own your journey. Shamelessly. Speak your truth. Walk your path. The world has enough of fakes and cowardness. Shake things up. Be real. The world is thirsty for real!
- Being homeless might be the best experience you’ll ever have. Embrace it. Figure out what you got to learn. Learn it. Move forward. Don’t get attached. Let it flow. Keep your chin up. See the beauty.
I made mistakes. I took all the “wrong” actions. I built lots of sand castles.
The Sun is up.
The waves took all the castles.
Show your true colors.
Live your story.
Be brave. Be vulnerable. Stay open. Connect.
No more illusions. Done.
I’m not perfect but I’ll make some shit happen.
It’s kind of cool coming back up after being homeless. You just don’t give a damn anymore.