How “Food Can Fix It” (YOU) by Dr. OZ.
This is how it works guys.
First geeks, nutritionists, evolutionary and genetics scientists make a discovery, do proper research, do case studies, experiment on mice and people, and then, there are a few very scientific books come out — Dirty Genes, Better Brain Solution, The Mind-Gut Connection, The Longevity Diet, The Sirt Foods Diet, The Plant Paradox Diet, The Ketogenic Bible.
You read them all (well, I read them all), and you start seeing trends, commonalities.
Most of the theories of course, have their “holes”, being sort of bent to one side, they have extremes and questionable claims, more questions than answers really, at least in our head after reading them. But also lots of good stuff! Smart and new. And lots of science, that does not necessarily apply to everyone, to an average Joe, to someone who is interested in just being healthy and fit, mentally and physically, without necessarily becoming an expert of nutrition.
Then, more time passes, people try stuff, give back more data, provide feedback, and a new wave of books comes out — for more of “normal people”, like you.
Extreme edges smoothed out, uncertainties set aside for the moment. Less science — more practice. More human language. Less nutrients and numbers — more foods and shopping carts.
More recipes. More pictures. More places to eat.
How to eat at a restaurant, on vacation, in a fast food place, on the go, at a cocktail party, with our family, alone, on a date. What to do when you screw it all up, how to build your plate daily. Anywhere. Anytime. Snacks, special occasions and daily life.
And that is exactly, what Food Can Fix It by Dr. Mehmet Oz is — it takes what is certain, best nutrition science, best traditional practices, best feedback from people, gut health, brain health, longevity, immunity, looks and performance, it takes it all and puts in back on your plate.
Not high fat or high carb, lectins or getting into ketosis, counting calories, fats or carbs — non of that.
by Mehmet Oz
Food Can Fix It brings the latest most assured and proven nutrition science to the level of your plate, so you can finally understand what it all means and how you need to eat daily for maximum health, mental and physical performance, great looks and energy levels, anywhere, anytime, living in a modern society with all its conveniences and choices, for better or worse.
The Power of Your Plate PART 1: FOOD FOUNDATIONS
- How Food Fixes You. Meals can work like medicine, or create mayhem in your body. Watch how it happens (and you may never eat junk again).
- Your 5 Food FIXES. My easy-to-remember way of eating is your secret code to a longer and stronger life.
- Strength in Strategy. These tactics will help you resist cravings and temptations by putting knowledge into action.
- A Serving of Soul. As the backdrop for a million special moments in your life, meals pack more than just nutritional power.
PART 2: FOOD FIXES
- Food FIXES for Weight Loss. Three primary principles will normalize your weight for good.
- Food FIXES for the Heart. The natural way to keep your arteries clear and your heart strong.
- Food FIXES for Fatigue. Stick with the FIXES approach for more zip, less zonk.
- Food FIXES for Pain. Pain is one of medicine’s most complicated challenges, but the right food can help you feel better.
- Food FIXES for Brain. Power Food can improve your memory, sharpen your mind, and keep your brain firing for life.
- Food FIXES for Bad Moods. Feeling a little cranky, moody . . . off? Choose foods that will turn your well-being back on.
- Food FIXES for Immunity. To protect against sniffles, the flu, and more serious bodily invaders, you need to feed the troops.
- Food FIXES for Skin and Hair. Looking good on the outside starts with what happens on the inside.
- Food FIXES for a Healthy Gut. The digestive system is one of your body’s command centers. Keep it happy and you’ll do more than settle your belly — you’ll improve your overall health.
PART 3: EAT IT, LOVE IT, LIVE IT
- The Food Can Fix It. 21-Day Plan
- The Fix-It Recipes
- Fix It! Day 22 and Beyond
- The 3-Day Fix-It Cleanse
- The Fix-It Blender: Even More Tips, Tricks, and Tactics! Feed a Cold. The Weekender Breakfast.
And so much more!
The contents don’t make it clear how much cool practical advice the book has!!!
You can learn how to build your every meal in food language, not nutrition tables.
Not only at home and shopping at Whole Foods, but also at any restaurant, even if that restaurant happens to be a fast food place like Burger King or Domino’s.
I absolutely loved that section about eating out at a Chinese, Italian or a Mexican place, juice or salad bar, cocktail party, a sandwich or a coffee shop, a soup spot, a seafood restaurant — you name it, the book got it.
There is so much cool stuff!
How to make a smoothie or a juice without spiking your blood sugar and packing on fat, screwing up your liver, what to eat or not when you are coming down with a cold, what to eat away from home, snacks, cheeses, alcohol — it has a little bit of everything.
Even how to make YOUR perfect egg! As an egg fan it was cool to find this, and find out, that all this figuring out of the time to cook my perfect egg was re-inventing a wheel! :)))
The book didn’t give me much of new information, but I’m the geek reading and trying all the nutrition theories in advance.
But it’s a great practical healthy eating, healthy food guide designed for life and living, designed for you guys.
Health and vitality, energy and fitness, great looks, mental and physical performance, happiness, mental sharpness and great taste on your plate every single meal. Everywhere. Anywhere. Anytime and Every Time.
Eat like a pro-nutritionist without becoming one, following the latest universally-being-accepted nutrition guidelines.
It’s about food.
It’s about your daily plate.
It’s about eating like a modern human.
It’s about you and how Food Can Fix YOU.
Dr. Oz’ No-Fail Meal Formula.
“Do the No-Fail Dinner Formula.
There’s a lot riding on your dinner decision. So often, I see this meal become the diet definer.
All the instincts can derail you, but there’s a basic formula that helps. You always want your plate to look like this: 1/ 2 produce, 1/ 4 protein, 1/ 4 complex carbohydrates. It’s that simple. Do this every meal, and you’ll be well on your way to getting the nutrients you need in the right proportions.
One night you might combine a cupful of cooked whole wheat pasta mixed with the same amount of broccoli, topped with cubed chicken and served with a side salad. Another night, it might be a veggie-loaded stir-fry with tofu, served over brown rice. Or you could do a spinach salad topped with quinoa and salmon. There are a million ways to get there.”
My daily SMART MEAL formula practice: